Brown leads Bradley over Presbyterian 71-58Nov 25, 2009 - 3:29 AM PEORIA, Ill.(AP) -- Taylor Brown scored 13 of his team-high 19 points in the second half to help Bradley defeat Presbyterian 71-58 on Tuesday night.
Brown scored eight of the Braves' first 11 points of the second half, helping Bradley (3-1) build a lead of as many as 19 points. The Blue Hose (0-4) closed within eight with 1:32 remaining, but Sam Maniscalco put the game out of reach with a 3-pointer.
Brown, a sophomore, added 10 rebounds for his first career double-double. Andrew Warren had 16 points and Milos Knezevic 11 for the Braves.
Jake Troyli led Presbyterian with 19 points, and Zach Faircloth had 14.
The game was part of the Las Vegas Invitational. Play moves to Las Vegas on Friday, with Bradley playing Oklahoma State and Presbyterian meeting Seattle.
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Bradley names Brian Wardle head coach Mar 27
- Northern Iowa advances with rout of Bradley Mar 6
- Braves face tall task in MVC semifinals against Panthers Mar 6
- Northern Iowa rolls over Bradley Feb 21
- Bradley challenges No. 11 Northern Iowa Feb 21
- No. 7 Wichita State holds off Bradley Feb 4
- Shockers seek redemption in MVC melee with Braves Feb 4
- No. 23 Northern Iowa tops Bradley Jan 13
- Panthers and Braves mix it up in Missouri Valley melee Jan 13
- No. 15 Wichita State uses strong second half to top Bradley Jan 7
- Braves seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Jan 7