Lafayette holds off Hartford 86-82Nov 25, 2009 - 5:09 AM EASTON, Pa.(AP) -- Jared Mintz had his fourth career double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds to help Lafayette hold off a hard-charging Hartford team 86-82 on Tuesday night.
The Leopards (4-1) shot 63.3 percent from the floor (19-for-30) in the first half to lead by as many as 22.
Hartford (2-3) made up a 50-31 halftime deficit, tying the game with 8:09 left on a layup by Joel Barkers. Although the Hawks tied the score four more times, they couldn't take the lead.
With Lafayette ahead by five with 37 seconds to go, Barkers drilled his first career 3 to bring Hartford within 82-80 with 26 seconds left. The Leopards then made 4 of 6 free throws to seal the win.
Darion Benbow added 15 points and eight rebounds for Lafayette, which outrebounded Hartford 35-25.
Andres Torres scored 18 points for Hartford, setting a career high for a second straight game.
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13