Garcia's 24 points lead Seattle over Utah 77-74Nov 25, 2009 - 5:02 AM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- Charles Garcia had 24 points and eight rebounds as Seattle knocked off Utah 77-74 on Tuesday night.
Seattle (3-2) overcame a 41-33 halftime deficit to lead for much of the second half. The Redhawks tied the game at 54-54 with 10:53 remaining and took the lead for good, 63-61, at the 8:11 mark on Ricky Berry's 3-pointer.
Shawn Glover's last-second 3-point attempt for Utah (2-2) bounced off the rim.
Garcia hit only 5 of 13 field goal attempts, but was 13 for 15 from the free-throw line. Cervante Burrell and Chris Gweth each had 12 points for Seattle.
Carlon Brown led Utah with 22 points. Kim Tillie and Jordan Cyphers added 12 each, and Luka Drca chipped in 10.
- NCAA BB
UTAH 74 FINAL
Nov 24 11:28 PM
- NCAA BB
UTAH 41 HALFTIME
Nov 24 10:02 PM
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- No. 16 Utah, Krystkowiak look to pick up offensive pace Nov 11