Wesley has 19 as Utah State tops Idaho State 77-44Nov 25, 2009 - 4:43 AM LOGAN, Utah(AP) -- Tai Wesley scored 19 points and shot 8 of 11 from the field as Utah State ran past Idaho State 77-44 Tuesday night.
Brian Green scored 12 off the bench for the Aggies (2-2). Amorrow Morgan scored 19 to pace the Bengals (1-4).
Jared Quayle and Brady Jardine both grabbed eight rebounds for USU, helping the Aggies outrebound ISU 43-24.
USU led by as many as 38 points in the second half, while ISU could never get closer than the 40-16 halftime score. The Bengals shot 33 percent from the field and only 3 of 14 from the 3-point line.
In the first half, USU shot 54 percent while the Bengals shot 7 of 23. The Aggies took a 31-8 lead with nine minutes remaining in the half when Wesley powered down a dunk over two Bengals for two of his 13 points in the half.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18
- Thames, Aztecs edge Aggies in OT Jan 26
- Aztecs hope to continue hot streak in clash with Aggies Jan 25
- Utah State suspends leading scorer Shaw Dec 16