Boise State holds off Eastern Washington 82-69Nov 25, 2009 - 5:11 AM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Ike Okoye had 21 points, a career-high 17 rebounds and a career-tying six blocks and Boise State withstood Eastern Washington's second-half charge for an 82-69 victory on Tuesday night.
Robert Arnold added 18 points and Kurt Cunningham and La'Shard Anderson had 10 apiece for the Broncos (3-2).
Brandon Moore had 18 points and nine rebounds for the Eagles (2-3).
Boise State led 44-30 at halftime, but Benny Valentine brought Eastern Washington back, scoring eight straight points in a 2-minute span in which the Eagles pulled within 54-53 with 12:45 left. Boise State responded with nine straight points to push the lead back to 63-53 with 9:41 to go. Eastern Washington later got as close as five before the Broncos finally pulled away.
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 82
EASTERN WASH 69 FINAL
Nov 24 11:52 PM
- NCAA BB
BOISE ST 44
EASTERN WASH 30 HALFTIME
Nov 24 10:49 PM
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13