Cal St. Fullerton beats New Mexico St. 84-73Nov 25, 2009 - 6:29 AM FULLERTON, Calif.(AP) -- Aaron Thompson tied his career high with 22 points, Jacques Streeter added 20 and Cal State Fullerton overcame a 25-3 deficit to beat New Mexico State 84-73 Tuesday night.
Gerard Anderson added 14 points and nine rebounds for the Titans (3-0), and Jacques Streeter had 12 points and 10 rebounds for a double-double. Orane Chin came off the bench to score 10 points.
Jamar Young and Hamidu Rahman had 19 points each to lead the Aggies (1-3). Rahman also had a game-high 12 rebounds for a double-double.
New Mexico led for the entire first half, using 20 unanswered points to build a 25-3 lead 10 minutes before halftime. But Fullerton turned it on and trailed just 37-33 at halftime. The Titans grabbed the lead in the first minute of the second half and held on.
Fullerton outshot New Mexico State 58 percent to 29 percent in the second half.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Wichita State rolls past New Mexico State Nov 15
- Aggies open season at 11th-ranked Shockers Nov 14