Fairfield knocks off Howard 81-60Nov 26, 2009 - 2:35 AM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Yorel Hawkins scored 16 points to lead five Fairfield players in double figures as the Stags knocked off Howard 81-60 on Wednesday night.
Hawkins, who missed the first four games of the year with appendicitis, scored 18 in his season debut on Monday and was 6-for-10 from the field with four free throws against Howard.
The Stags (4-1), whose only loss was at Maryland, were 16-for-30 from the field (53.3 percent) in the first half, going 6 of 12 from the 3-point line (50 percent), to roll to a 41-21 halftime lead.
Ryan Olander scored 14 points, Derek Needham added 13 and Lyndon Jordan and Mike Evanovich had 12 points each for Fairfield.
Howard (0-6) shot only 37.5 percent from the field (21 of 56) and 60.9 percent from the line (14 of 23).
Calvin Thompson led the Bison with 15 points, followed by Adam Walker with 11 points and Kyle Riley with 10.
- NCAA BB
HOWARD 60 FINAL
Nov 25 8:50 PM
- NCAA BB
HOWARD 21 HALFTIME
Nov 25 7:48 PM
- No. 4 Duke reaches triple digits in rout of Fairfield Nov 15
- No. 4 Duke gets right back to work against Fairfield Nov 15
- Harrell lifts Louisville over Fairfield Nov 23
- Hall of Fame Tip Off pits Cardinals against Stags Nov 23
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- No. 17 Kansas downs Howard Dec 30
- Kansas welcomes Howard to Lawrence Dec 29
- Connecticut shakes off Fairfield Dec 22
- No.8 Huskies host Stags in Hartford Dec 22
- Indiana thumps Howard Dec 19
- Bison seek upset of undefeated Hoosiers Dec 19