Arkansas State tops Tennessee-Martin 80-66Nov 26, 2009 - 4:14 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Daniel Bryant came off the bench to score 20 points and Brandon Reed added 19 as Arkansas State defeated Tennesee-Martin 80-66 Wednesday night.
Brandon Peterson had 11 points for the Red Wolves (3-1), who outrebounded their opponents 80-66.
Benzor Simmons led Tennessee-Martin with a game-high 23 points, and Reuben Clayton added 14.
The Skyhawks stayed close in the first half and led by four with 14 minutes left before dropping the lead and trailing 37-33 at the half.
They struggled from 3-point range, sinking just 1 of 12 shots (8 percent), but they outscored the Red Wolves 38-26 from the paint. Arkansas State hit 10 of 22 (46 percent) from behind the 3-points line.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4
- No. 22 Murray State opens conference play with win Dec 22
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Mississippi State routs UTM Nov 26
- Skyhawks face tall task in clash with 24th-ranked Bulldogs Nov 25