Hargrove leads Auburn past High Point 75-54Nov 26, 2009 - 3:04 AM AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Lucas Hargrove scored 17 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Auburn to a 75-54 rout over High Point on Wednesday night.
The game was close for the opening 10 minutes, as High Point trailed by no more than one point. But Auburn (3-3) scored 18 straight points, while holding the Panthers (2-2) to no field goals in the final 10:51 of the first half.
The Tigers' surge gave them a 34-15 lead and later took a 22-point advantage into halftime.
DeWayne Reed finished with 13 points for Auburn. Earnest Ross and Brendon Knox each scored 12 points, while Frankie Sullivan added 11.
Nick Barbour, who finished with 14 points, was the only High Point player to score in double figures.
Auburn shot 46.9 percent from the floor (23-for-49), while the Panthers shot 32.1 percent (17-for-53). The Tigers also attempted 40 free throws, compared to High Point's 24.
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Pearl: Auburn guard Shamsid-Deen out for season Jan 15
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Auburn Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Auburn's Pearl relying again on overhauled roster Oct 29
- Kentucky remains perfect with win over Auburn Mar 14
- No. 1 Kentucky takes on Auburn in SEC semis Mar 14