McCollum, Lehigh hold off St. Francis 76-67Nov 26, 2009 - 2:33 AM LORETTO, Pa.(AP) -- Freshman C.J. McCollum scored 20 points and Lehigh used a 10-0 spurt in the second half to hold off St. Francis (Pa.) 76-67 on Wednesday night.
McCollum was just 4-for-13 from the field, but 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
Holden Greiner added 18 points and Marquis Hall had 10 assists for the Mountain Hawks (3-2).
Lehigh fell behind 20-11, then tied the game at 20 and went into halftime with a 35-30 lead. The Mountain Hawks extended their lead to 58-46 with 13:21 left, but the Red Flash tied the game at 60 on a Devin Sweetney 3-pointer with 9:46 to go.
Lehigh then went on a 10-0 run, which included six free throws by McCollum, and St. Francis could get no closer than seven the rest of the way.
The Red Flash (1-4), who have lost four in a row, got 14 points apiece from Cedric Latimer and Umar Shannon.
The Mountain Hawks outrebounded the Red Flash 41-30.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Lehigh's McCollum out 8-10 weeks with broken foot Jan 6
- Jefferson, Baylor easily dispatch Lehigh Nov 9
- Lehigh opens season in Lone Star State against No. 19 Baylor Nov 9
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Xavier advances with win over Lehigh Mar 19
- With spot in Sweet 16 on the line, Lehigh takes on Xavier Mar 18