Davis leads Tennessee Tech past S. Utah 72-65Nov 26, 2009 - 4:34 AM CEDAR CITY, Utah(AP) -- Frank Davis had 19 points to lead Tennessee Tech to a 72-65 victory over Southern Utah Wednesday night.
Elijah Muhammad had 12 points and Alfred Jones added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Golden Eagles (3-3).
Davis Baker had a game-high 25 points and seven rebounds to lead the Thunderbirds (3-3). Matt Hodsgon added 12 points and Ryan Brimley had 11.
Southern Utah outscored Tennessee Tech 37-36 in the second half, but it wasn't enough to compensate for a 36-28 halftime deficit.
After making 4 of 8 from 3-point range in the first half, the Eagles sunk just 1 of 5 in the second.
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- SDSU routs Southern Utah Dec 19
- Thunderbirds come calling on 24th-ranked Aztecs Dec 18
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- No. 21 Gonzaga crushes Southern Utah Nov 10
- No. 21 Gonzaga opens season at home versus Southern Utah Nov 9
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26