UTEP defeats North Carolina A&T, 81-66Nov 26, 2009 - 4:17 AM EL PASO, Texas(AP) -- Christian Polk and Jeremy Williams scored 14 points each, leading five UTEP players in double figures, in Wednesday night's 81-66 victory over North Carolina A&T.
UTEP (4-0) also had double-figure games from Julyan Stone (13 points), Randy Culpepper (11) and Arnett Moultrie (10). Stone's 3-pointer a little more than two minutes into the second half gave the Miners a 45-33 lead, and they kept a double-digit lead the rest of the way. UTEP shot 51 percent from the field.
North Carolina A&T (3-3) trailed almost all the way, leading only at 29-28 after Dwane Joshua's 3-pointer with four minutes to play in the first half. But UTEP scored the last 12 points of the half to lead 40-29 at the break. The UTEP lead was as high as 22 points with 12:36 to play.
Joshua led the Aggies with 21 points. He made 6 of 9 3-point attempts.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA A&T 29 37 66
UTEP 40 41 81 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: NORTH CAROLINA A&T - DWANE JOSHUA 21, THOMAS COLEMAN 11,
MARC HILL 10
UTEP - CHRISTIAN POLK 14, JEREMY WILLIAMS 14,
JULYAN STONE 13
Nov 25 10:49 PM
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 29
UTEP 40 HALFTIME
Nov 25 9:47 PM
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- UTEP coach Floyd suspended 1 game Feb 27
- No. 3 Arizona outlasts UTEP Dec 20
- Third-ranked Wildcats hit road to battle Miners Dec 19
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Three UTEP men's hoops players dismissed after gambling probe Jan 7
- Ellis, Kansas hold off UTEP Nov 30
- Jayhawks seek redemption in clash with Miners Nov 30
- White powers Iowa past UTEP Nov 29
- Iowa takes on UTEP in Battle 4 Atlantis semifinal Nov 29
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21