Willis leads balanced UNLV past Holy Cross 80-59Nov 26, 2009 - 5:19 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Tre'Von Willis' 14 points and six rebounds led UNLV to an 80-59 victory over Holy Cross on Wednesday night.
Willis, who entered the game as the Rebels' leading scorer at 16.7 points per game, connected on 7 of 11 shots.
Ten players scored for the Rebels (4-0). Anthony Marshall tied Willis with 14 points, Oscar Bellfield followed with 13 and Justin Hawkins had 12.
R.J. Evans led Holy Cross (0-5) with 13 points, while Mike Cavataio had nine points and a game-high 13 rebounds.
The Crusaders had 24 turnovers compared to 10 for the Rebels. UNLV made 12 steals, while Holy Cross had just two. Derrick Jasper topped the Rebels with four steals, and Chace Stanback was next with three.
UNLV owned a 40-28 halftime lead, and its margin never lessened.
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5
- UNLV gets back to business with interim coach Jan 11