Centenary defeats Louisiana-Monroe 94-84Nov 28, 2009 - 4:34 AM SHREVEPORT, La.(AP) -- David Perez scored a career-high 27 points to lead Centenary to a 94-84 win over Louisiana-Monroe on Friday night.
Roman Tubner added 23 points for the Gents (3-1), which was his career-high. Jerrald Bonham chipped in with 17 points and six rebounds.
After leading 40-33 at halftime, Centenary used a 8-2 run in the second half to take a 64-47 lead with 12:07 remaining for the Gents' largest lead of the game. Louisiana-Monroe would get no closer than nine points, after a jumper from Malcolm Thomas made the score 91-82 with 30 seconds left.
The Warhawks (3-3) were led by Thomas, who scored 19 points. Lawrence Gilbert added 18 points and eight rebounds in the losing effort.
Centenary shot 49.2 percent from the field (30-for-61). The Gents were outrebounded by the Warhawks 49-29, but forced Louisiana-Monroe to commit 21 team turnovers.
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 84
CENTENARY 94 FINAL
Nov 27 10:21 PM
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 33
CENTENARY 40 HALFTIME
Nov 27 8:54 PM
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Wiggins, KU take down UL-Monroe Nov 9
- Wiggins makes debut, as Jayhawks host Warhawks Nov 8
- Stanback leads UNLV past Louisiana-Monroe Dec 20