Texas-Pan Am tops Chattanooga 61-50 for 1st winNov 27, 2009 - 11:03 PM SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas(AP) -- Luis Valera had 12 points and eight rebounds Friday to pace Texas-Pan American to its first victory of the season, a 61-50 decision over Chattanooga in the South Padre Island Invitational.
Three players added eight points apiece for the Broncs (1-5): Jared Maree, Rick Weiermiller and Nathan Hawkins. The totals by Valera, a 6-foot-7 senior forward, were team highs.
The Mocs (2-3) got 12 points and a game-high nine rebounds from DeAntre Jefferson.
Neither team shot well, though Texas-Pan American held a slight advantage of 34.0 percent to 32.7 percent. The Broncs ruled the boards 45-38.
This was the first meeting between Chattanooga and Texas-Pan American.
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 61
CHATTANOOGA 50 FINAL
Nov 27 5:33 PM
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 28
CHATTANOOGA 23 HALFTIME
Nov 27 4:25 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- Jayhawks use second-half surge to down Mocs Nov 16