Missouri takes Old Dominion 66-61, gains finalNov 28, 2009 - 4:10 AM SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas(AP) -- Missouri held off a late run by Old Dominion to win their semifinal matchup at the South Padre Island Invitational 66-61 Friday night.
The victory set up a championship game Saturday between the Tigers and Richmond, which beat Mississippi State in the other semifinal.
Missouri (4-0) was led by senior guard J.T. Tiller with 12 points and seven assists. Kim English added 11 points.
Senior guard Marsharee Neely of Old Dominion led all scorers with 20 points. Gerald Lee had 13 and Ben Finney 12.
The Monarchs (4-1) cut the lead to four late in the second half but never got any closer.
Old Dominion struggled with Missouri's aggressive defense, turning the ball over 24 times and creating easy baskets for the Tigers.
Missouri led 32-18 at the break.
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18