Konan leads Liberty past MVSU 72-53Nov 27, 2009 - 10:46 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Patrick Konan scored 16 points and had nine rebounds Friday as Liberty pulled away in the second half and beat Mississippi Valley State 72-53 in the Chicago Invitational Challenge.
Evan Gordon added 14 points and Kyle Ohman 12 for the Flames (2-5). Guard Jesse Sanders had a team-high 11 rebounds. Liberty won despite making only 5 of 21 shots from 3-point range.
Julius Cheeks scored 18 and Shannon Behling had all 10 of his points in the first half for MVSU (1-5). The Delta Devils made only 8 of 28 shots in the second half.
Liberty's Chris Perez hit a fast-break basket and 3-pointer to highlight a 13-0 run midway through the second half as the Flames took a 55-40 lead.
MVSU whittled the lead to eight with about five minutes to play but could get no closer.
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- No. 24 Cincy crushes MVSU Nov 14