Sain, Tennessee State drop Kennesaw State 73-67Nov 27, 2009 - 8:58 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Josh Sain scored 23 points and Darius Cox added 13 as Tennessee State defeated Kennesaw State 73-67 Friday in the third round of the Chicago Invitational Challenge.
Kennesaw State cut Tennessee State's lead to 64-63 on a three-point play by Kelvin McConnell with 2:33 remaining, but the Tigers (1-4) responded by going on a 9-2 run. Sain made a 3-pointer, Tashan Fredrick had a basket and Cox made was 4-for-4 from the free throw in the final minute for the Tigers.
Jon-Michael Nickerson led Kennesaw State (2-3) with 16 points, and Markeith Cummings had 15 points.
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 67
TENNESSEE ST 73 FINAL
Nov 27 3:00 PM
- NCAA BB
KENNESAW ST 26
TENNESSEE ST 34 HALFTIME
Nov 27 1:50 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15