Cornell beats Toledo 78-60Nov 28, 2009 - 1:41 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Ryan Wittman scored 20 points and Jeff Foote tallied a double-double, leading Cornell over Toledo 78-60 on Friday.
Louis Dale and Geoff Reeves scored 14 points apiece in the Legends Classic for the Big Red (3-2), who also got 12 points and 12 boards from Foote. Alex Tyler added 10 points.
Toledo was up 11-7 early, but Cornell produced an 8-0 run to take the lead and an 11-2 run to close out the first half with a 14-point lead.
But Jay Shunnar's 3-pointer with just over 10 minutes to play pulled the Rockets (0-4) within 56-53.
Cornell went on another 11-2 run from that point, though, sealing the win. Wittman led the game-winning spree with four points.
Stephen Albrecht paced the Rockets with 20 points and Jake Barnett added 13.
The Big Red outrebounded the Rockets 34-27.
- NCAA BB
TOLEDO 60 FINAL
Nov 27 3:53 PM
- NCAA BB
TOLEDO 27 HALFTIME
Nov 27 2:48 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31
- Jayhawks play host to undefeated Rockets Dec 30