Wofford defeats Southern University, 81-66Nov 27, 2009 - 10:23 PM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored a game-high 31 points and added eight rebounds to lead Wofford over Southern University 81-66 in the third round of the Las Vegas Invitational on Friday afternoon.
Dahlman, who was five points shy of a career high, was 12-of-17 from the field and 7-of-9 from the free-throw line.
Junior Salters added 12 points, going 4-of-5 from 3-point range, for the Terriers (3-3).
Jazz Williams led Southern (0-5) with 19 points. Earnest Jones had 14 points and 10 rebounds, while Jameel Grace added 10 points for the Jaguars.
Wofford plays Seattle in the final round, while Southern plays Presbyterian. Both games are on Saturday.
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- No. 22 Baylor survives scare against Southern Dec 22