Campbell rallies for 59-58 win over North FloridaNov 28, 2009 - 2:01 AM BUIES CREEK, N.C.(AP) -- Kyle Vejraska made a free throw with 3 seconds left to lift Campbell past North Florida 59-58 on Friday night.
The Camels (4-1, 1-0 Atlantic Sun Conference) led 57-50 with 5:30 to play before the Ospreys (1-3, 0-1) scored seven unanswered points. Matt Sauey tied the game at 57-57 on a dunk with 3:44 to play.
The two teams then hit a free throw each before North Florida's William Wilson missed a 3-pointer with 3:38 remaining and Junard Hartley pulled down the rebound for Campbell.
After a foul by Andy Diaz, Vejraska went to the free throw line and hit the first of a pair of foul shots.
Vejraska finished with 10 points and Jonathan Rodriguez scored 18 for the Camels.
Campbell shot 60 percent in the second half (12 of 20), after shooting 26.3 percent in the first (5 of 19).
Stan Januska and Sauey scored 16 and 15 points, respectively, for the Ospreys.
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- No. 10 Gators fend off North Florida in opener Nov 9
- No. 10 Florida hosts North Florida in season opener Nov 8
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11