BYU defeats Weber State 87-70Nov 28, 2009 - 5:07 AM PROVO, Utah(AP) -- Jimmer Fredette scored 23 points and handed out a game-high seven assists, and Jackson Emery added 15 points to lead BYU past Weber State 87-70 Friday night.
Fredette and Emery turned a one-point game into a rout with six minutes to play when each hit back-to-back three-pointers. Fredette added two free throws to complete the 14-2 run, after which the Cougars led 72-59.
BYU (5-0) improved to 18-0 against Weber State all-time at the Marriott Center.
Damian Lillard led the Wildcats (1-4) with 23 points and Lindsay Hughey scored 16.
Emery made 4 of 6 three-point attempts and Fredette made 3 of 5.
The Cougars jumped to an early 18-4 lead with torrid shooting, but Weber State built a comeback around offensive rebounds and drives to the basket by Lillard and Hughey.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- BYU freshman phenom Emery having record-setting season Feb 26
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- BYU guard Nick Emery suspended 1 game for punching opponent Dec 3
- BYU's Kyle Collinsworth relishes Mr. Triple-Double title Dec 3
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17
- No. 7 Gonzaga beats BYU to win 14th WCC title Mar 11