Dayton rallies to beat Towson 74-69Nov 28, 2009 - 10:20 PM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Wright scored 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds and Dayton overcame an 18-point deficit to beat Towson 74-69 on Saturday.
Marcus Johnson finished with 12 points and Chris Johnson added 10 for the Flyers (3-2), who have won 22 straight home games - a school record.
Dayton trailed 64-46 with 9:33 left to play before its man-to-man defense began to challenge shots and create fast-break opportunities. The Flyers' comeback began to look possible when Marcus Johnson took a rebound the length of the court for a three-point play to trim Towson's lead to 64-55.
Mickey Perry and Chris Johnson's 3-pointers put the Flyers back in the game at 66-61 with 6:29 left. Chris Johnson and Paul Williams hit consecutive 3-pointers to complete Dayton's comeback.
Josh Thornton scored 20 of his 22 points in the first half for the Tigers (1-3).
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU past Dayton for A-10 crown Mar 15
- VCU seeks redemption in A-10 title game Mar 15