New Hampshire beats Marist 72-58Nov 28, 2009 - 9:30 PM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Dane Diliegro scored a career-high 27 points to lead New Hampshire in a 72-58 win over Marist on Saturday.
Alvin Abreu scored 15 points and Radar Onguetou added 11 points and 12 rebounds for the Wildcats (2-2).
Diliegro finished 11-for-19 from the field and 5-for-5 from the foul line for New Hampshire, who shot 42.6 percent (26-for-61) for the game. The Red Foxes shot just 36.2 percent from the floor (21-for-58).
The Wildcats led by 19 points at halftime and won despite being outscored 38-33 by Marist (0-3) in the second half.
New Hampshire outrebounded the Red Foxes 37-29 and capitalized on 17 turnovers en route to victory.
Dejuan Goodwin and Candon Rusin scored 11 points apiece to pace Marist. Sam Prescott added 10 points, going 2-for-2 from beyond the arc.
New Hampshire leads the all-time series 2-1.
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 72 FINAL
Nov 28 3:06 PM
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Walker scores 30 as UConn holds off New Hampshire Nov 30
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16
- Vermont beats New Hampshire 57-38 in America East Mar 7
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6
- Canisius tops Marist 72-54 Mar 6
- Siena defeats Marist 76-51 Feb 28