Calegari's 24 lead UC Davis past Ball State 60-58Nov 28, 2009 - 11:03 PM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Senior forward Dominic Calegari scored 24 points and grabbed seven rebounds, and UC Davis edged ahead in the final minutes to beat Ball State 60-58 Saturday.
The Aggies (3-3) trailed 32-28 at halftime and 43-37 with 10:46 to play. But they chipped away, and when Ryan Howley sank two free throws with 4:47 left, the Aggies led 51-50. Ball State never led again.
UC Davis managed its late run even with three players fouling out. Jelani Floyd left with 9:36 remaining, Calegari with 2:26 left and Adam Malik 3 seconds later.
Joe Harden had 17 points and nine rebounds for UC Davis, and Mark Payne added 11 points and seven assists.
Jauwan Scaife led the Cardinals (2-2) with 14 points. Jarrod Jones added 12 and Terrence Watson 11.
- NCAA BB
UC DAVIS 60
BALL ST 58 FINAL
Nov 28 3:16 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Ball State names Whitford hoops coach Apr 6
- Ball State fires hoops coach Mar 14
- No. 1 Indiana dominates Ball State Nov 25
- Ball State comes calling on No. 1 Indiana Nov 25
- Arizona uses strong second half to beat Ball State Nov 13
- Ball State to challenge No. 16 Arizona Nov 13