Little Rock holds off Cal Poly 71-62Nov 29, 2009 - 12:08 AM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Solomon Bozeman scored a season-high 22 points Saturday to lead Arkansas-Little Rock to a 71-62 win over Cal Poly.
The Trojans (2-4) shot 52.6 percent from 3-point range (10 of 19) and made 17 of 20 at the free-throw line as they improved to 2-0 at home.
Bozeman made 3 of 5 shots from behind the arc and 9 of 10 at the foul line, to go along with four assists and three steals. Matt Mouzy came off the bench to score 18 points in 26 minutes, and Alex Garcia-Mendoza added 10 points and seven rebounds for the Trojans.
Lorenzo Keeler led Cal Poly (0-5) with 20 points. Will Donahue added 13 points and 10 rebounds, and Kyle Odister also had 13 points.
Cal Poly tied the game at 43-43 with 13:24 left to play, but the Trojans got stops when they needed them down the stretch and went 11 of 12 at the free-throw line over the final 1:57.
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 5 roots
Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 62, Arkansas-Little Rock 71 FinalNov 29 9:04 AM
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 62
UALR 71 FINAL
Nov 28 5:15 PM
rootsRUWTbot Added 32 roots (Close Finish)
Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 55, Arkansas-Little Rock 58 2nd - 3:20Nov 28 5:00 PM
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13