Lipscomb tops Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 67-64Nov 28, 2009 - 10:48 PM EDWARDSVILLE, Ill.(AP) -- Adnan Hodzic had 23 points and 11 rebounds and Lipscomb rallied in the second half Saturday for its first victory of the season with a 67-64 decision over Southern Illinois-Edwardsville.
Josh Slater scored 16 points, all in the second half, and Brandon Brown had 14 points and nine rebounds for the Bisons (1-4).
Mark Yelovich had game-high totals of 26 points and 13 rebounds for Southern Illinois-Edwardsville (0-5).
The Cougars led by six at halftime and by 10 early in second half. But Hodzic sank a jumper at 14:09 to push the Bisons ahead 46-45, and they never trailed after that.
SIU-Edwardsville went 7:07 without scoring in the second half but pulled within 64-63 with 23 seconds left on Yelovich's jumper. But Lipscomb hit four free throws in the final seconds.
Stephen Jones scored 12 for the Cougars, and LeShaun Murphy had 10.
- NCAA BB
SIU EDWARDSVILL 64 FINAL
Nov 28 5:07 PM
- NCAA BB
SIU EDWARDSVILL 37 HALFTIME
Nov 28 3:56 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- SIU-Edwardsville hires Cal's Harris as coach Apr 3
- Forrester won't return as SIU-Edwardsville coach Mar 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- Bowers paces Mizzou in season-opening win Nov 10
- Murray State remains unbeaten, downs SIU-Edwardsville Jan 22
- Racers continue quest for perfection Jan 21