Lawson leads Western Michigan by Holy Cross 64-54Nov 28, 2009 - 9:38 PM KALAMAZOO, Mich.(AP) -- Donald Lawson scored 15 points and added eight rebounds to lead Western Michigan to a 64-54 victory against Holy Cross on Saturday.
Flenard Whitfield and Martelle McLemore had 10 points each for the Broncos (2-2).
Mike Cavataio led Holy Cross (0-6) with 15 points.
Cavataio hit two free throws to get the Crusaders to within 56-52 with 2:27 remaining. But Whitfield scored four points to give Western Michigan breathing room, and the Broncos hit their free throws in the final moments.
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15