McNeese State beats Louisiana-Lafayette 60-58Nov 29, 2009 - 3:54 AM LAKE CHARLES, La.(AP) -- C.J. Collins made two free throws with 4 seconds remaining to lift McNeese State to a 60-58 win over Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday night.
Patrick Richard led all scorers with 21 points for the Cowboys (2-4).
The Ragin' Cajuns (1-3) erased a 56-44 Cowboys led with 3:16 to play. Randell Daigle, who scored 10 points, hit two free throws with 7 seconds to play to tied the score at 58.
Tyren Johnson led the Ragin' Cajuns with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
After Daigle's free throws tied the game, Collins took the inbounds pass and drove the length of the court before being fouled by the Ragin Cajuns' Lamar Robertson.
The Cowboys shot 50 percent from the field (21-for-42) while Louisiana-Lafayette shot only 34 percent (18-for-53) from the field.
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8