Williams leads Oregon past Montana State 89-66Nov 29, 2009 - 6:04 AM EUGENE, Ore.(AP) -- Teondre Williams led six Oregon players in double figures with 19 points and the Ducks defeated Montana State 89-66 on Saturday night.
LeKendric Longmire and Michael Dunigan scored 15 each for Oregon (4-2), which snapped a two-game losing streak and is now halfway to its total number of wins for all of last season. Jamil Wilson added a career-high 12 points, Jeremy Jacob also had career-highs with 10 points and 12 rebounds and Garrett Sim scored 10.
Branden Johnson led Montana State (2-3) with 16 points and Erik Rush had 14.
The Ducks shot 50 percent from the field and made 23-of-27 free throws.
An 11-3 run by the Bobcats early in the second half cut the Ducks' lead to single digits, 55-46, but Oregon responded with a 14-3 run to make it 69-49 with 10:04 to play.
The Ducks led 49-35 at halftime.
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Former Oregon player accused of rape sues university Oct 30
- Oregon Preview-Capsule Oct 28