UC Riverside tops Sacramento State 59-58Nov 29, 2009 - 12:20 AM SACRAMENTO, Calif.(AP) -- Larry Gurganious had eight points, 10 rebounds and made the game-winning shot at the buzzer to help UC Riverside beat Sacramento State 59-58 on Saturday.
Kyle Austin had 12 points and Brandon Dowdy added 11 for the Highlanders (3-2), who won their first game on road.
Behind by seven points in the second half, the Hornets (3-4) surged back to take the lead 47-46 when Justin Eller and Sultan Toles-Bey made two free throws each.
Three-pointers from Dowdy and guard Lateef McMullan put the Highlanders up 57-56 with about two minutes left.
But with 24 seconds to go, Toles-Bey made a pair of free throws to give the lead back to the Hornets.
The Highlanders worked the clock down to four seconds before Dowdy missed a 3-point attempt.
With two defenders between him, Gurganious came down with the rebound, then quickly shot from under the basket with one second left.
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 59
SACRAMENTO ST 58 FINAL
Nov 28 5:57 PM
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 24
SACRAMENTO ST 19 HALFTIME
Nov 28 4:51 PM
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Long Beach State squeezes past UC Riverside 76-74 Mar 6
- UC Davis runs away from UC Riverside 66-43 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66 Feb 28
- Northern Arizona topples Sacramento State 73-59 Feb 27
- Austin lifts Riverside to 62-53 win over Pacific Feb 26