Drexel holds off charging Toledo 69-59Nov 29, 2009 - 12:30 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Jamie Harris scored 19 points and Drexel's big first half was enough to hold off Toledo 69-59 on Saturday.
The Dragons (3-3), who have won their past three games, jumped out to a 41-19 halftime lead in the Legends Classic after the Rockets (0-5) scored only two points in the first 6:07. Toledo had another drought lasting nearly 4 minutes, breaking it at 8:15 to trail 25-10.
The Rockets kept chipping away and pulled within eight points at 62-54 with 2:23 left after Larry Bastfield made two straight layups.
Harris hit a jumper to regain a double-digit lead, then Jordan Dressler's layup made it 64-56 with 1:08 on the clock.
The Dragons made 5 of 6 free throws down the stretch, with Samme Givens going 3-for-4.
Drexel had a season low five turnovers.
Jake Barnett scored 17 points and had nine rebounds for the Rockets, who outrebounded Drexel 36-30. Dressler added 10 points.
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31