Kansas State wins 70-57 over IUPUINov 28, 2009 - 11:25 PM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- Jacob Pullen scored 25 points and Kansas State defeated IUPUI 70-57 on Saturday.
Dominique Sutton added 14 points for the Wildcats (5-1) and Alex Young led the Jaguars (5-2) with 19 points.
The teams battled early in the contest as the Wildcats sprinted out to a 9-0 lead, but the IUPUI defense stiffened as the Jaguars responded with an 11-2 run to tie the score at 11-11. A 3-pointer by Denis Clemente sparked an 11-0 Kansas State run midway through the period and the Wildcats held a 40-29 halftime lead.
IUPUI cut the deficit to seven, but five straight points by Pullen ignited a 15-1 Wildcat run that slammed the door on the Jaguars' comeback attempt. IUPUI never regained control as Kansas State led by double digits for the remainder of the contest.
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Apr 12
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- New-look Wildcats have same lofty expectations this season Oct 28
- Kansas State at a glance Oct 28
- K-State's Foster dismissed from basketball program Mar 24
- Iwundu, Kansas State upset No. 12 Iowa State Mar 1
- Wildcats play host to 12th-ranked Cyclones Feb 28
- K-State AD offers apology after court storming Feb 24
- K-State topples No. 8 Kansas Feb 24
- Sunflower State showdown pits Jayhawks against Wildcats Feb 23
- Baylor pulls away from Kansas State Feb 21
- Kansas State comes calling on No. 20 Baylor Feb 21