Oakland beats Central Arkansas 83-75Nov 29, 2009 - 1:21 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Keith Benson's 24 points, 18 rebounds and seven blocked shots were the key to Oakland's 83-75 victory over Central Arkansas Saturday night as part of the Hall of Fame Showcase.
Benson was 7 of 13 from the field and made 10 of 13 free throws as he scored a season-high 24 points. This was Benson's third double-double of the season. Johnathon Jones also posted a double-double for the Golden Grizzlies (3-3). Jones had 13 points and 11 assists. Derick Nelson added 13 points to the win.
The Bears (1-5) were lead by Chris Poellnitz's 24 points and three assists. Mike Pouncy was 7 of 11 from the field and had 16 points. Tadre Sheppard came off the bench for the Bears and grabbed nine rebounds and scored nine points.
The Golden Grizzlies grabbed 45 rebounds including 20 offensive, while the Bears only has 32.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14