Rider rallies to beat Binghamton 58-50Nov 29, 2009 - 2:44 AM LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J.(AP) -- Ryan Thompson scored 12 of his 21 points in the final 6 minutes and Rider rallied to defeat Binghamton 58-50 on Saturday night.
The Broncs (4-3) were 8-for-32 in the first half, including 0-for-12 from 3-point range, to fall behind 25-20 at halftime.
Trailing 31-20 with 17:02 to go, Rider used a 10-0 run to tie the game with 14:41 left.
The Broncs and Bearcats stayed within three points of each other until Thompson hit two straight layups with 1:34 left to make it 54-48.
Thompson and Justin Robinson added two free throws apiece in the last 53 seconds.
Rider shot 34.4 percent from the field (21-for-61) for the game, compared to 52.4 percent (22-for-42) for Binghamton. The Broncs shot 7-for-11 from beyond the arc in the second half.
Jhamar Youngblood added 10 points.
Umur Peten scored 14 points for the Bearcats (2-5), including nine in the first half.
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 Michigan Dec 11
- No. 3 Wolverines take on Bearcats Dec 11
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24