Bucknell rolls past Wagner 85-61Nov 29, 2009 - 2:59 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Bryson Johnson scored 19 points and Bucknell broke open the game with a 20-0 second-half run as the Bison defeated Wagner 85-61 on Saturday night.
Bucknell (4-3), which has won four of its past five games, led only 42-40 before Bryan Cohen sparked the Bison's run with a short jumper, a free throw and an assist to push the lead to 48-40.
Darryl Shazier's three-point play gave Bucknell a 60-40 lead and Cohen capped the run with a jumper with 12:37 left.
The Bison, who had lost to Wagner in each of the past two seasons, made 10 3-pointers and shot 87.5 percent from the line (21-for-24).
Shazier scored 17 points and had eight assists, and Cohen added 16 points for Bucknell.
Wagner (0-4), which shot only 33.9 percent from the field (19 of 56), was led by Michael Orock, who scored 17 points. Doug Elwell added 11 points and Josh Thompson had 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
WAGNER 51 FINAL
Nov 28 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
WAGNER 35 HALFTIME
Nov 28 7:59 PM
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13