Western Carolina defeats Gardner-Webb 75-59Nov 29, 2009 - 3:17 AM BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.(AP) -- Brandon Giles scored 24 points and had six steals in Western Carolina's 75-59 win over Gardner-Webb on Saturday night.
The Catamounts (5-1) led 29-23 at halftime, before nine straight points by Giles to open the second half. Western Carolina led 38-28 on a free throw by Giles with 16:34 remaining.
Western Carolina shot 53.1 percent from the field (17 of 32) and forced 16 turnovers in the second half.
The Catamounts scored 31 points off of 30 Gardner-Webb turnovers.
Brigham Waginger added 12 points and Jake Robinson chipped in 11 for the Catamounts.
With the game tied at 21-21, Western Carolina outscored the Runnin' Bulldogs 8-2 the rest of the 3:53 in the first half.
Gardner-Webb's Auryn MacMillan scored 12 points and Grayson Flittner and C.J. Hailey added 11 and 10 points, respectively. Joshua Henley had 12 rebounds for the Runnin' Bulldogs (3-2).
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 75
GARDNER-WEBB 59 FINAL
Nov 28 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 29
GARDNER-WEBB 23 HALFTIME
Nov 28 7:46 PM
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Whittington, Georgetown down Western Carolina Dec 15
- Catamounts seek upset of 15th-ranked Hoyas Dec 15
- Richardson leads No. 13 Illinois past Western Carolina Dec 5