Denver slips past South Dakota State 83-80Nov 29, 2009 - 4:28 AM BROOKINGS, S.D.(AP) -- Brian Stafford and Nate Rohnert's 13 points helped lead Denver to a road victory over South Dakota State 83-80 on Saturday night.
Stafford was 3 of 6 from beyond the arc and 4 of 4 from the free throw line. Rohnert was a perfect 2 of 2 for 3-pointers and 5 of 7 from the field. Rohnert and Chase Hallaman each grabbed a Pioneer (4-1) team-high six rebounds.
Anthony Cordova came off the bench for the Yellow jackets (3-3) and had a game-high 16 points. Clint Sargent was 3 for 4 from beyond the arc and scored 15 points. Nate Wolters contributed 12 points and seven rebounds and Tony Fiegen added 13 points.
The Pioneers were 9 of 13 from 3 (64.3 percent), while the Yellow Jackets were 5 of 13 (38.5 percent).
- South Dakota St hires Otzelberger as men's basketball coach Apr 14
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- University of Denver hires Rodney Billups as coach Mar 14
- Denver fires coach Joe Scott after 9 seasons Mar 11
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- South Dakota State edges Denver in Summit tourney 54-53 Mar 8
- Rosga, Denver beat Omaha, advance to Summit League semis Mar 7
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- South Dakota State beats D-II Wayne State 80-53 Dec 2
- Bittle scores 23, South Dakota St. beats Chadron St., 87-52 Nov 14
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10