Missouri State holds off Tulsa 83-75Nov 29, 2009 - 3:52 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Adam Leonard scored 24 points, including 9 of 10 from the free-throw line, to lead Missouri State to a 83-75 win over Tulsa Saturday night.
Missouri State (5-0) had a 55-34 lead with 16:52 left, but had to withstand a Tulsa rally that saw the Golden Hurricane (5-1) close to within 70-66 with 4:58 left.
But the Bears made 15 of 20 free throws, including 7 of 8 by Leonard, in the last 3:55 to keep Tulsa at bay. Wil Creekmore hit four straight from the line for Missouri State in the last 25 seconds.
Caleb Patterson had 17 for Missouri State and Kyle Weems added 13.
Jerome Jordan had 22 points and 10 rebounds to lead Tulsa, with 18 of his points coming in the second half. Ben Uzoh had 20 and Justin Hurtt added 16 for the Golden Hurricane.
Tulsa outrebounded Missouri State 39-26 and scored 20 points off of second chances, but the Bears converted 14 Tulsa turnovers into 21 points.
Missouri State hit 28 of 54 from the field for 51.9 percent and 9 of 16 from the 3-point line. Tulsa was 26 of 57 from the field for 45.6 percent and 8 of 14 from the 3-point line.
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 83 FINAL
Nov 28 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 42 HALFTIME
Nov 28 8:46 PM
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21