Lamar edges North Carolina A&T 74-73Nov 29, 2009 - 3:55 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- Justin Nabors finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds and Anthony Miles hit two free throws in the closing seconds to lift Lamar to a 74-73 victory over North Carolina A&T on Saturday night.
Miles finished with 15 points, including the final nine for the Cardinals (3-4), who rallied after trailing 65-57 with 7:50 to go. Charlie Harper added 14 points and 15 rebounds.
Tavarus Alston led the Aggies (3-5) with 24 points, and Dwane Joshua had 21.
After hitting a jumper and a layup, Miles connected on a 3-pointer with 1:12 remaining to pull Lamar to within 73-72. A foul by Alston with 10 seconds to go then sent Miles to the free-throw line, where he scored the game's final points.
Lamar held a 37-31 advantage at halftime after leading by as many as 12 in the first half.
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 73
LAMAR 74 FINAL
Nov 28 9:57 PM
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 31
LAMAR 37 HALFTIME
Nov 28 8:51 PM
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19