Santa Clara wins 74-67 over Fresno StateNov 29, 2009 - 12:19 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Kevin Foster scored 16 of his season-high 25 points in the first half in leading Santa Clara past Fresno State 74-67 on Saturday as part of the West Coast Classic.
Robert Smith scored a season high 17 points as the Broncos (3-3) ended a three-game losing streak. Marc Trasolini matched his career high with 12 rebounds. Raymond Cowels finished with 13 points.
Sylvester Seay scored a season-high 26 points to lead the Bulldogs (2-3), who lost their third straight. Paul George scored 19 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
Santa Clara led by as many as 16 in the second half.
The Bulldogs were held scoreless over the final 4:44 of the first half, committing half of their 14 turnovers and missing five shot attempts over that span.
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 67
SANTA CLARA 74 FINAL
Nov 28 7:17 PM
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 26
SANTA CLARA 39 HALFTIME
Nov 28 5:55 PM
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10
- Michigan State cruises past Santa Clara Nov 25
- Broncos hit road seeking upset of Spartans Nov 24