Harvard rallies for 78-70 win over Boston U.Nov 30, 2009 - 12:56 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Jeremy Lin scored 19 points and Harvard rallied in the second half to take a 78-70 over Boston U. on Sunday.
Boston U. led by as many nine points in the second half, but behind Lin, the Crimson (5-1) cut into the lead and went ahead 65-64 on his 3-pointer with 4:30 left in the game.
Lin dominated a 4-minute stretch, scoring 12 consecutive points for Harvard, which led 72-66 on his free throw with 57 seconds remaining.
Lin was 5-for-11 from the field, 7-for-8 from the free throw line and had four assists, four rebounds, four steals and two blocks.
Boston U. trailed by as many as 13 points in the first half before tying the score at 36 on John Holland's layup with 18:35 left.
Oliver McNally added 13 points for Harvard.
Holland led Boston U. (2-5) with 18 points and nine rebounds, followed by Jake O'Brien, who had 14 points. Carlos Strong added 13 points.
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Tar Heels take aim at Crimson in second round Mar 19
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Virginia dominates Harvard Dec 21
- Harvard hits road to challenge No. 6 Virginia Dec 21
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Chambers, Saunders lead No. 25 Harvard past MIT Nov 15