Vermont routs Toledo 82-49Nov 29, 2009 - 7:59 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Maurice Joseph scored 21 points, including hitting five 3-pointers, to lead Vermont in an 82-49 rout of Toledo on Sunday.
Marqus Blakely added 15 points and Joey Accaoui had 10 in the Legends Classic for the Catamounts (3-4), who snapped a three-game losing skid. Garrett Kissel pulled down 10 rebounds.
Joseph went 5-for-12 from beyond the arc and 2-for-2 at the foul line for Vermont. Blakely chipped in seven assists, five boards, two blocks and a pair of steals.
The Catamounts scored 21 points off of 15 Rockets turnovers, and their bench outscored Toledo's 25-14. Vermont shot 50.8 percent from the floor (32-for-63) compared to just a 37.3 mark (22-for-59) for the Rockets.
The Rockets had a 4-2 lead less than 2 minutes into the game, but Vermont's 17-2 run from that juncture put the Catamounts up for good.
Jordan Dressler paced the Rockets (0-6) with 11 points.
- NCAA BB
TOLEDO 49 FINAL
Nov 29 1:51 PM
- NCAA BB
TOLEDO 23 HALFTIME
Nov 29 12:51 PM
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31
- Jayhawks play host to undefeated Rockets Dec 30
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24