Indiana State beats Arkansas State 77-72Nov 29, 2009 - 11:16 PM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Carl Richard scored 17 points and Harry Marshall added 12 as Indiana State defeated Arkansas State 77-72 Sunday.
Brant Leitnaker and Jake Kelly each added 11 points for the Sycamores (5-2).
Daniel Bryant led the Red Wolves (3-2) with 23 points.
The Sycamores outshot Arkansas State 51.0 percent-40.3 percent and won the rebound battle 42-29.
Indiana State used a 20-9 run to build its advantage to 66-50 with 8:49 to play but then went cold. The Sycamores didn't hit another field goal until a minute remained. However, they never lost the lead.
Arkansas State pulled to within 75-72 before Rashad Reed iced the victory with two free throws.
The Sycamores trailed 11-4 early, before rallying and then taking a 37-33 halftime lead.
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 77
ARKANSAS ST 72 FINAL
Nov 29 5:02 PM
- NCAA BB
INDIANA ST 37
ARKANSAS ST 33 HALFTIME
Nov 29 3:53 PM
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21
- Sycamores challenge 20th-ranked Panthers in MVC melee Jan 21
- No. 23 Butler blows past Indiana State Dec 4
- Bulldogs hit road to tangle with Sycamores Dec 3