Duquesne beats Radford 71-63Nov 29, 2009 - 10:11 PM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- B.J. Monteiro scored 21 points and Damian Sanders turned in a double-double, leading Duquesne to a 71-63 win against Radford on Sunday.
Saunders scored 14 points and grabbed 16 rebounds for the Dukes (5-1), who rebounded after losing their first game of the season at Western Carolina on Wednesday. Bill Clark also scored 14 points and Eric Evans added 11.
Monteiro shot 9-for-14 from the field, including 2 of 3 from beyond the arc, despite hitting just 1 of 7 free throws. Saunders added six blocks, four assists and three steals.
Duquesne scored 23 points off of 20 turnovers and shot 47.2 percent from the field (25-for-53). The Highlanders (2-2), who have lost two straight after opening the season with back-to-back wins, shot just 35.9 percent (23-for-64).
Art Parakhouski led Radford with 26 points and 20 rebounds.
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28
- Billikens look forward to big night against visiting Dukes Feb 27
- St. Louis sneaks past Duquesne Jan 22
- Dukes seek upset of 19th-ranked Billikens Jan 22
- Clarke and Butler rout Duquesne Feb 19
- No. 15 Butler takes on Duquesne in A-10 affair Feb 19
- No. 22 VCU routs Duquesne Jan 20
- No. 22 VCU puts lengthy win streak on line at Duquesne Jan 19