Fields' 25 lead Stanford past Portland State 83-64Nov 30, 2009 - 4:57 AM STANFORD, Calif.(AP) -- Landry Fields scored 25 points as Stanford defeated Portland State 83-64 on Sunday night.
Jeremy Green added 19 points as the Cardinal (4-3) won for the third time in four games.
Jamie Jones and Dominic Waters each scored 16 points to lead the Vikings (1-4), who were coming off their first win. Phil Nelson added 13 points.
Stanford, fresh off its near-upset of No. 5 Kentucky, used a 10-0 run midway through the second half to open a 63-49 lead.
Portland State's ambitious scheduling has the team playing nine of its 13 nonconference games away from home. The Vikings lost by 56 to Washington and are 0-4 on the road.
Fields hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to give Stanford a 43-38 lead at halftime.
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 64
STANFORD 83 FINAL
Nov 29 11:43 PM
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 38
STANFORD 43 HALFTIME
Nov 29 10:45 PM
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Pickens scores 20 in Stanford's 93-59 win over Buccaneers Nov 15
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- Stanford G Robert Cartwright to miss season Nov 4
- Cartwright out indefinitely Nov 3
- NIT champion Stanford regroups after losing key scorers Oct 28