ETSU routs North Florida 82-56Nov 30, 2009 - 12:15 AM JOHNSON CITY, Tenn.(AP) -- Tommy Hubbard scored 25 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, leading East Tennessee State to an 82-56 win over North Florida in the Buccaneers' Atlantic Sun Conference opener on Sunday.
Mike Smith added 14 points and Micah Williams chipped in with 12 for the Buccaneers (4-3, 1-0), who outrebounded the Ospreys 38-28. ETSU also forced North Florida (1-4, 1-1) into 25 turnovers and had a 20-6 advantage in second-chance points.
North Florida took its only lead at 10-9 just over 5 minutes into the contest. But the Buccaneers put together a 10-2 run to go up 19-12 and never looked back.
The Buccaneers led by 13 points at halftime and outscored the Ospreys 38-25 in the second half.
Andy Diaz paced the Ospreys with 14 points and Jerron Granberry added 10.
ETSU improved to 8-0 all-time against North Florida.
- East Tennessee State tabs Forbes as new men's basketball coach Mar 31
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- No. 10 Gators fend off North Florida in opener Nov 9
- No. 10 Florida hosts North Florida in season opener Nov 8
- Florida Gulf Coast downs North Florida in Atlantic Sun quarterfinals Mar 6
- No. 4 Arizona blasts East Tennessee State Dec 23