Wisconsin-Green Bay easily tops North Dakota 67-41Nov 30, 2009 - 1:07 AM GRAND FORKS, N.D.(AP) -- Troy Cotton scored 22 points as Wisconsin-Green Bay defeated North Dakota 67-41 Sunday.
Cotton scored 20 of his points in the first half to help the Phoenix (6-2) to a 33-18 lead at the break.
Derek Benter led North Dakota (1-6) with nine points while Spencer Goodman had eight.
Rahmon Fletcher added 19 points for Green Bay. Twelve of those came in the second half as the Phoenix pulled away to beat the Fighting Sioux by 20-plus points for the second straight season.
North Dakota made only 6-of-25 shots after halftime and shot just 30.4 percent for the game.
Green Bay made 10 of 23 3-pointers and outrebounded North Dakota 38-24.
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 67
NORTH DAKOTA 41 FINAL
Nov 29 7:22 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 33
NORTH DAKOTA 18 HALFTIME
Nov 29 6:17 PM
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20
- No. 3 Wisconsin hosts instate foe Green Bay Nov 19