N.C.-Wilmington 86, Elon 56Nov 29, 2009 - 11:57 PM ELON, N.C. (AP) -- Montez Downey and John Fields scored 14 points apiece, leading North Carolina-Wilmington to an 86-56 rout of Elon on Sunday.
Dominique Lacy and Chad Tomko added 12 points each for the Seahawks (3-4), who never trailed. Johnny Wolf also chipped in 10 points.
Downey, Lacy and Wolff hit two 3-pointers apiece as UNC-Wilmington went 7-for-13 from beyond the arc.
Elon pulled within 20-12 on Chris Long's jumper with just over 10 minutes left in the first half, but the Seahawks went on a 20-6 run from that point to take a 22-point halftime advantage.
Fields opened UNC-Wilmington's second half with a pair of jumpers and Wolff followed with a 3, capping a 7-0 run that put the game out of reach.
Terrance Birdette scored 13 points to pace the Phoenix (2-5), who have dropped three straight. Elon finished 5-for-22 from 3-point range.
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 86
ELON 56 FINAL
Nov 29 6:41 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 40
ELON 18 HALFTIME
Nov 29 5:45 PM
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18
- Minutemen meet Phoenix in non-league tussle Jan 18
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Duke routs Elon Dec 31