Davis, Wyoming turn back Pepperdine 86-82 in OTNov 30, 2009 - 1:00 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- A.J. Davis scored 20 points as Wyoming edged Pepperdine 86-82 in overtime Sunday in the World Vision Basketball Challenge.
The Cowboys (3-4) lost a 13-point second-half lead but outscored the Waves 7-3 in overtime for their lone victory of the tournament.
Tournament MVP Keion Bell scored 28 points for the Waves (3-4), who won the event with victories over Hampton and Monmouth.
The Cowboys led by 11 with 4:49 to play. But Pepperdine tied it on a 3-pointer by Joshua Lowery with 9 seconds left.
Davis' steal and layup with 2:33 left in overtime put the Cowboys in front for good at 83-81.
Thomas Manzano and Adam Waddell scored 15 each for the Cowboys, with Djibril Thiam adding 10.
Jonathan Dupre scored 16 for Pepperdine, followed by Lorne Jackson with 11 and Lowery with 10.
- NCAA BB
WYOMING 86 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Nov 29 7:35 PM
- NCAA BB
WYOMING 36 HALFTIME
Nov 29 5:53 PM
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14